Re: How to get csv data to import into person token?

ezipse
Level 2

How to get csv data to import into person token?

Hi there,

I have an email that I need to send that has a custom field that needs to display for each person.  I reviewed the answer on this post: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Product-Discussions/Creating-Custom-Tokens/m-p/199201#M144936 and went into the admin, and created a custom person token "{{lead.Your field name}}.  

ezipse_1-1612889927172.png

Now, I imported my data, and selected that field name for the import.  I can look at the list and see the data has imported into the correct field, however, when I look at the actual personalization (in the preview), the field is blank.  The default value isn't even showing up (the text I replaced the "edit me" with.

Any idea where I went wrong?

Thanks!

Liz

ezipse_0-1612889841441.png

5 REPLIES 5
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Are you previewing "by Person"?

Michael_Florin_0-1612891056323.png

And if that doesn't show the token value, does previewername@acme.com have the correct value in OSPA_Prize?

ezipse
Level 2

Yes, I tried previewing by both list, and by person, and the data isn't showing up, even though I see it in the field when I look at the people in my list.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Pretty strange symptoms. Are you sure you didn't accidentally make the field invisible (like in an HTML comment or due to broken HTML tags)?  Have you looked in the Text part of the email, where there's no chance (or less chance) of such confusion?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Okay, two more - wild - ideas:

Is "HTML Encode Tokens in Emails" unchecked for your field in Marketo admin?

Might it be that the field is not a Marketo Custom Field but a formerly synced Salesforce field which in fact was an Account level field so the token is not {{lead.field name}} but {{company.field name}}?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Is "HTML Encode Tokens in Emails" unchecked for your field in Marketo admin?

Can't imagine how this one would be related. Either it's output or not — encoded or not!