SOLVED

Re: How to get a subset of leads associated with a program without getting all the leads.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get a subset of leads associated with a program without getting all the leads.

Hello,

I have about 50 programs of various types on marketo with many different people associated with each. I would say about 10,000+ leads per program and I expect that to scale to many many more than that. I need to use the Marketo Rest API to get the program statuses of specific lists of leads that exist in programs. However, the getLeadsByProgramId endpoint returns the membership information of all the leads in a program. If I have to run this multiple times an hour when the list of leads in programs scales to hundred of thousands of leads it is going to take much too long to retrieve all the leads in a program even if most have the same information since last retrieval. Is there a way to retrieve the program membership information for only a subset of the leads in a program specified by lead Id?

Michael.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to get a subset of leads associated with a program without getting all the leads.

The static list alone won't help because getting the program will still get all the leads.

What you want to do here is use the Activity API to detect changes to lead status.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

I'd rec creating a smart campaign that adds records to a list to contain your subset of leads and then run a call to get the leads in the list. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The static list alone won't help because getting the program will still get all the leads.

What you want to do here is use the Activity API to detect changes to lead status.

Trish_Keenan1
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

This is exactly what I've been working on with the engineers responsible for our data warehouse. Can you provide any more detail around what criteria you apply to get at that specific information (program membership) from the Activity API? Thanks so much.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, Thanks Guys.