SOLVED

How to connect paid event registrations for multiple delegates to Marketo events?

Go to solution
trevlarrr
Level 3

How to connect paid event registrations for multiple delegates to Marketo events?

We have recently connected Marketo to our Zoom licence to run automated registrations and emails with personalised links and, so far, this has been working great for these free webinars that people register for individually.

However, we also run courses delivered via Zoom which are paid for and often companies will register multiple delegates. The payment for this is done via our in-house online store system which gives them delegate info fields based on the number they are purchasing for and we then manually import this to Marketo. I want to automate this process in the same way as the free individual registrations but I'm hitting a snag with how to do this when there are multiple delegates as, from what I understand, the form linked to the event and Zoom can only have one set of fields.

Does anyone have experience of this already and can advise on how they manage this process? I'm guessing an API but if anyone has any examples that I could take to our web team it would be much appreciated.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: How to connect paid event registrations for multiple delegates to Marketo events?

I think you can use the background form submission for this, i.e., for each of the delegates, you can make a form submit that would then trigger off the campaign that processes the registration in Marketo (you'd need to update the campaign to look for form submission from the empty form that'd be submitted in the background along with your regular registration form). You'd need a developer for setting this entire thing up. Looking forward to hearing from people here to see if there's a better way to implement this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: How to connect paid event registrations for multiple delegates to Marketo events?

I think you can use the background form submission for this, i.e., for each of the delegates, you can make a form submit that would then trigger off the campaign that processes the registration in Marketo (you'd need to update the campaign to look for form submission from the empty form that'd be submitted in the background along with your regular registration form). You'd need a developer for setting this entire thing up. Looking forward to hearing from people here to see if there's a better way to implement this.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not clear how your payment API interacts with a Marketo form.

It's not necessary to have any form at all to use the Zoom App for Marketo and sync program members with Zoom. A form is - to put it mildly! - a convenience for changing people's program status on the Marketo side, but you can also import people into the program with the same effect, Zoom doesn't care how they got into the program.

Are you trying to add more than one person from the same form submission? This is possible. It's in essence the same as a Referral Form using the Forms 2.0 JS API.

If not, what exactly (please provide deeper details) are you trying to automate?

trevlarrr
Level 3

Yes, often there will be more than one registrant per submission. At the moment we have an online store built by our parent company that has a selection of courses/dates which can be purchased but the process is very manual, in that the store sends us a text-based confirmation email with the details for each delegate and we have to manually add to the relevant event program in Marketo. Essentially what I'm trying to figure out is how to link the course from our website (Umbraco) to the right event in Marketo so that the delegate info can be sent straight there, and if this can be done with multiple delegates being registered at the same time.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Can't say this is completely clear yet. Still not hearing about where a Marketo form comes in, and what fields, hidden and visible, will be on that form.

But it's a pretty trivial task to have a single "Submit" button click result in multiple form submissions under the hood, one submission for each email addresses in a set of email addresses.