SOLVED

Re: How to CC using send alert option

Go to solution
Sreeja06
Level 2

How to CC using send alert option

Hello,

Is there any way to CC multiple persons while using send alert option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The second and subsequent recipients are CC, like I said above.

Note of course that CC: is merely a cosmetic header. It has nothing to do with the routing of the message — a To: recipient and a CC: recipient only differ by where the email address is printed in the header.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

You can send the alert to multiple people, by adding multiple email addresses in the To Other Emails field. If I remember correctly you simply enter them separated by a comma. It will not cc them, they will be in the to field, but that's the way I would do it.

Sreeja06
Level 2

Thanks, @Katja_Keesom  

but a use case is given for us that we have to send an alert with cc to my friends. 

SanfordWhiteman

The second and subsequent recipients are CC, like I said above.

Note of course that CC: is merely a cosmetic header. It has nothing to do with the routing of the message — a To: recipient and a CC: recipient only differ by where the email address is printed in the header.

Tracy_Boesken
Level 4

Hello Katja,

we have multiple email addresses to send to in the To Other Emails field (every alert in every campaign flow). Someone left the company from that group so now I have to go through all the alerts to remove his email. Is there a way to send to a group email? That way if the addresses need to be edited they would be edited in one place?

Thanks,

--Tracy

Katja_Keesom

Hi Tracy,

You can enter any email address in there, so a generic address will work. A group address (so essentially a list of addresses) I would suspect does not work, as Marketo cannot work out who is in the list. But the safe answer is always: Test.

Kind regards,
Katja

Jo_Pitts1

@Tracy_Boesken ,

this again brings us back to some of the other conversations around consolidation of alerts that you and I have had.  It doesn't solve your immediate need, but something to think about from a future state and maintainability perspective.

You can also do things like:

1. Send to distribution lists, and then manage the distribution lists centrally (e.g. salesalerts@mycompany.com)
  2. I haven't tested this, but I'm sure someone else will have done.  You may be able to use a token (e.g. {{my.salesalertlist}} ) which contains email addresses in it.  You could set it at the Marketo top level, and then override if/as needed at a campaign level.  Again - I've not tested this.

Cheers

Jo

SanfordWhiteman

You can add multiple email addresses to the To Other Emails box, separated by commas.

The first recipient in the list is the To:, the subsequent ones are CC: