SOLVED

Re: How often do lead segmentation counts refresh?

Go to solution
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

How often do lead segmentation counts refresh?

We carried out a lead database cleanup effort on Friday and removed some junk leads from our database. The chart on the lead database main page shows the updated count, however the lead segmentations don't reflect the cleanup in the sense that if you add up the lead counts in all the segments of a lead segmentation, the sum is the old lead count before the cleanup.

Curiously though, if you actually select one of the segments and click on the leads, the count will be different from the view on the segmentation overview page.

My guess is that this inconsistency is because the lead segments haven't refreshed yet, so does anyone know how frequently they refresh? 3 days seems like a long time...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I had this exact same issue. Support said they hold deleted leads in a "soft delete" for 30 days, and after that the change will be reflected in your segmentations.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Devraj_Grewal

Andy,

For segmentation based on a data value and making that data value change, I notice the lead immediately changed segments in the activity history of the lead, so that's expected. However, I have been in a similar situation where I waited one day after a large batch update and still noticed leads were not assigned to the appropriate segment, so I reached out to Support. I was told that a refresh and recalculation occurs every early morning Pacific Time Zone but it also depends on if you have many leads and other campaigns running.

Josh_Hill13

Maintain Segmentation is a P200 on the campaign queue, which is the lowest.  so while it happens "instantly", a large db change will take more than a day depending on the # of leads you have.

Devraj_Grewal

Great to know. Thanks Josh for the clarification.

SydneyMulligan

I had this exact same issue. Support said they hold deleted leads in a "soft delete" for 30 days, and after that the change will be reflected in your segmentations.