SOLVED

Re: How does Marketo unanonymize leads synced from Salesforce?

Go to solution
Tyron_Pretorius
Level 8 - Champion

How does Marketo unanonymize leads synced from Salesforce?

I have a lead who Marketo was able to bring in anonymous activity for prior to their becoming a person via salesforce sync. How was Marketo able to do this when this person did not have an email to associate with the SFDC lead coming in?

I understand that Marketo cookies leads and when they fill out a Marketo form and become a person Marketo can match their cookied, pre-form fill behavior with this new email and person that has been created. In this case, however, I cannot see what Marketo is using to make the association.

Any thoughts?

Selection_086.png

Tyron Pretorius
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What are the later events? That's where you'd see the form, the clicked link, etc. which would retroactively merge the previously anonymous activities.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tyron_Pretorius
Level 8 - Champion

@SanfordWhiteman any thoughts?

Tyron Pretorius
SanfordWhiteman

What are the later events? That's where you'd see the form, the clicked link, etc. which would retroactively merge the previously anonymous activities.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Right.

Marketo does not show you Anonymous data or the cookie IDs.

Tyron_Pretorius
Level 8 - Champion

Ah, that makes sense I had not considered events like form fills and email clicks after the new person event being able to retroactively make the association. I can see there was a merge event for this person which I believe was instigated by them clicking an email and then visiting a webpage upon which point Marketo was able to match the cookie with the previous anonymous behavior.

Thanks @SanfordWhiteman and @Josh_Hill13 

Tyron Pretorius
SanfordWhiteman

I can see there was a merge event for this person which I believe was instigated by them clicking an email and then visiting a webpage upon which point Marketo was able to match the cookie with the previous anonymous behavior.

Exactly right!

(And P.S. that's why people who extract the Activity Log only for "today" are doing it wrong.)