Re: How do you add a new field to a webform that doesn't appear in the Marketo field dropdown?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you add a new field to a webform that doesn't appear in the Marketo field dropdown?

How do you add a new field to a webform that doesn't appear in the Marketo field dropdown?

23 REPLIES 23
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How do you add a new field to a webform that doesn't appear in the Marketo field dropdown?

What is your intention with such a field? If it's not in the Mkto list of fields, then its data will be discarded.

You can see an example of how to add fields in my answer to a question this week on email confirmation. But that is a very specific case where the added field ("Retype Email Address") on the form has no place in the back-end database. What exactly are you trying to do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to add a new smart list that I created to our Join Our Mailing List Form.  But, I can't seem to find the list in the dropdown to add it to the form.  What am I doing wrong?

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Just to clarify, you'd like to add mailing list subscribers to a list you've created, correct?

So you would either need to create a Smart List whose criteria is "Filled Out Form > Form is MAILING LIST FORM".

...or a Static List called something like "Mailing List Subscribers" and a Smart Campaign whose Smart List is "Filled Out Form > Form is MAILING LIST FORM" and whose flow is "Add to List > Mailing List Subscribers".

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried that it my smart list still does not appear in the dropdown.  I looked at the other smart lists that are included on the mailing form but none of them have that criteria "Filled Out Form" yet they all appear on the form.

SanfordWhiteman

The dropdown is a separate concept -- look in Forms Editor.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Does the smart list already exist? Are you using Member of Smart List filter?

Is the list in your Workspace?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the smart list does already exist and here are the filters that I've applied.

pastedImage_0.png

SanfordWhiteman

Seconding Josh Hill​ and Jennifer DiMaria and if you are trying to give people a dropdown of available mailing lists, that dropdown itself has to correspond to a custom field.  Then you can maintain the possible options in the Form Editor.  Think of the form field (in this case) as being used to transport data into a flow, as opposed to being read by a human later.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand what you're saying.  I want to add my existing smart list to my existing form.  But, it doesn't appear in the dropdown when I go to add a field in the form.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png