How can you link directly to a lead?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can you link directly to a lead?

A client would like to have a trigger e-mail once their score crosses 10 with info about that lead and a direct link to their information in Marketo. If that can be done, what would be the easiest way?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: How can you link directly to a lead?

Hi Traci, you can set up a triggered campaign that looks for a score change to greater than or equal to 10. The flow step would be a send alert, and you will need to develop an email that contains the tokens of the fields you'd like to present to the client. Here are some of the tokens that you can consider adding to the alert email.

The token you will definitely want to include is: {{SP_Send_Alert_Info:default=edit me}} as this will contain a link to the record.

Also, you will want to set this so someone can only flow through once, or once every x amount of time, otherwise it will continue to alert them each time the score changes above 10.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I believe the SP token provides the link to the lead in SFDC. You could construct the URL for either system based on your base URL when looking at a record, then adding the unique record ID.

{{lead.lead ID}}
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect. I was trying to figure out what {{SP_Send_Alert_Info:default=edit me}} was and couldn't figure it out. How can I test this with out it being live? If I send a sample e-mail, that token shows up with no value in it, likely because it wasn't actually triggered by a lead. Thank you!
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Traci, here's the Marketo guide on SP Send Alert. It will provide a link to both Marketo and SFDC (if that's your CRM). Hopefully that provides enough information so that you don't need to test it out, since as you mentioned, it doesn't work on sample emails.
Tara_Petre
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Dory and Josh provide great suggestions here.  

When we send these types of alerts it looks something like this:

SFDC Record: https://pod.salesforce.com/{{lead.SFDC Id:default=edit 

We link this to: https://pod.salesforce.com/{{lead.SFDC Id:default=edit me}}, so the rep can click through easily.

If you're trying to link to the lead in Marketo rather than sfdc, you would use the marketo url with their marketo id token.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am unable to use the Marketo ID as a lead token, so this method wouldn't work for me.  Is there any other way to link to the lead record?

It's so odd how we can't key off of the Marketo ID.  There are several situations where this would be helpful.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What situation are you in where you want to link to the Marketo lead, but can't use {{Lead.Id}}?