Re: How can I change the address on a confirmation email depending on the form?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I change the address on a confirmation email depending on the form?

Hi,

I am running 9 events throughout the country next year and I need to create a confirmation email which recognises which venue they would like to attend and insert the address for that venue.

I have created a form which looks like the following:

Form.JPG

So when they select which user group they would like to attend ie Birmingham, I need the confirmation  email to recognise that they want to attend the Birmingham event and automatically insert the right address for the Birmingham venue. Is there a way to do this in Marketo?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Beth, you could accomplish this by having individual emails for each region, and then use the "Add choice" in the Send email flow step. Then you'd say, if user group is Birmingham, send Birmingham email.

You could also do this using segments and dynamic content. Upon fillout of the form, a person would become a part of a specific segment. Then, in the email that you're sending out (only requires one version of the email), you would make the "from" section dynamic, and base it on the segmentation. I'd put a short wait step (1 minute maybe) in the flow steps before the email is sent so that you can ensure the segment is properly populated before the follow up email is sent.

If this is something you're going to be doing a lot, I'd say to do the segmentation as it will probably be helpful in other ways as well. If it's a one-off thing and you won't use the segmentations otherwise, I'd probably just create multiple emails with send choices.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I agree.

Generally you want to use the first option in this case because it is easier to setup, but if you had a regular need, using Dynamic Content *could* help. Depends a bit on how many groups or regions and other needs.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I wouldn't use segmentation for this.  Those best-guess wait steps just don't scale.  I'd use either choices (for individual emails) or a Velocity token (for a a global email).

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I agree with Sanford. I would use an email script token. Here is how to create one: Create an Email Script Token - Marketo Docs - Product Docs