SOLVED

Hide / Delete a field in the Custom Objects

Go to solution
Hchen151
Level 3

Hide / Delete a field in the Custom Objects

As the topic, how can I hide or delete a specific field in the Custom Objects?

Followed this tutorial, and didn't work as expected. The field is shown deleted. However, value still comes through from CRM.
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/administration/marketo-custom-obj...

Hchen151_0-1643728557199.png

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Hide / Delete a field in the Custom Objects

Did you create that Custom Object through the API? If so, you can't edit it anymore through the UI.

And Person Table just refers to the lead database, I suppose. So what you see in "Admin --> Field Management".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You have reapproved the Custom Object?
Hchen151
Level 3

Good point! 

However, I attempted to re-approve it several times and checked the field is not being used at the moment, and only got this message. 

Hchen151_0-1643972099716.png

mbaldwin
Level 1

Hi Hchen,

I am getting the same message when I am trying to delete a field and re-approve our custom object. Did you find a workaround to re-approve?

Hchen151
Level 3

I opened a ticket at Adobe Support eventually.

Oz_Platero
Level 6

@Hchen151 ,

I think you are looking in the wrong spot.
Out of the box your CRM will not push into Marketo custom objects.  I'm not saying it's impossible; just saying I think the droids the field you are looking for that is getting updated in your CRM and pushing data into Marketo is in Field management on the Marketo Person table. 

thanks,

oz

Hchen151
Level 3

Can you do a screenshot where the Marketo Person table is? I don't see any in any of my Data Management sublist. Thanks!

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Did you create that Custom Object through the API? If so, you can't edit it anymore through the UI.

And Person Table just refers to the lead database, I suppose. So what you see in "Admin --> Field Management".