Help- Email being sent out to a form in which email address is being entered

sid_shankar
Level 1

Help- Email being sent out to a form in which email address is being entered

Hi

I am wanting to create a form (refer a friend) on Marketo with just an email address field and use it on my website. Once a visitor clicks that link/form on my website and enters the email address for their friend(s), a email campaign that I have already created in Marketo should be triggered and sends that email to the email addresses that have been entered. 

Please help as I am new here. 

Thank you

Sid Shankar

7 REPLIES 7
s_skala
Level 2

Re: Help- Email being sent out to a form in which email address is being entered

I'd recommend checking out Marketo's product documentation regarding setting up an auto-response email.

This seems like it covers exactly what you are trying to accomplish. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Help- Email being sent out to a form in which email address is being entered

A referral form is far more complex than an auto-responder.
s_skala
Level 2

an email campaign that I have already created in Marketo should be triggered and sends that email to the email addresses that have been entered. 

@SanfordWhiteman Agreed a referral form is more complex, however the way I read the request an email is to be sent to the email address that is entered on the form making it a simple auto-response email (Unless I'm misinterpreting ).

SanfordWhiteman

“(refer a friend)“ isn’t an auto-response!

sid_shankar
Level 1

Thank you

sid_shankar
Level 1

What choices do I have? Is this doable?

SanfordWhiteman

For a single referral at a time, you can use this method: https://developers.marketo.com/blog/clearing-marketo-tracking-cookie-from-forms-2-0-submission/

For a multi-referral form, you’re going to need some additional JS — some of it quite tricky — and if you’re not a developer it’s a non-starter. A full referral program also logs a Filled Out Form for both the Referrer and each Referral. There’s some framework code you might adapt, again if you’re comfortable with code:

MktoForms2 :: Iterative Referral Form v1.0.1