Re: Has anyone started using the Cvent / Marketo integration yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mandy,

I can only offer our experience. The Cvent product itself is great but the Marketo integration was a total let down. 

We've had issues with country field mapping. Leads that are created by Cvent don't synch to Salesforce because they use country codes (e.g. UK) instead of the full country label (e.g. United Kingdom). 

We also had issues with the API integration, only 50% of the leads mapped to the correct campaign. Ultimately, this meant that we still had manually upload lists.

We've been told that a signifcant overhaul is coming in November which will resolve these issues.

Regarding your questions:

- 1 - The event is created in Cvent. You only need to create Smart Campaigns and lists in Marketo. We also opted to send the email invites from Marketo.
2 - There is an API integration. This needs some intital configuration to map the fields. Once this is done you need to create a corresponding program with lists and smart campaigns in Marketo. In Cvent, you link the event to these programs. 

Hope that helps.

Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Mike for your reply. Very helpful info.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, wanted to re-open this thread and check back on whether the November update resolved the issues you all were facing. We are working on integrating Cvent with Marketo and had concerns about management of different registrant types as well as country codes. 

Would appreciate any current feedback on the integration and any workarounds you might be using.

Thanks! 
Karishma 
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're looking into using Cvent just because of the Marketo/SFDC integration. I was shocked to see an integration price -- past launchpoint integrations I've used lets us set them up without a fee. So it's nice to see on here that other people did mention a cost for the integration.

Did the November 2014 update help anyone experiencing issues?

Do you have to integrate both SFDC and Marketo? Or just pick one of them?

Any update or advice would be super helpful.

Thanks!
Sara

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

This is my $0.02 - I would only integrate one of them so you make sure that Marketo (your Marketing tool) is the system of truth for all of your campaign activity and you are integrating your Cvent events in such a way that they fit within the Marketo hub of activity.  The Marketo program will integrate with SFDC through the campaign synch, which will accomplish the integration you need between Salesforce and Cvent.

We are having issues with Cvent's session-level integration.  The API works very well for event to program synching, but we have found that when we attempt to tie sessions to programs through the API that Cvent is breaking and not sending all of the leads over to us.  We have raised this concern with them. 

I hope that this helps.

Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Hey Chris,

We just did the integration with Cvent and it's AWESOME!

1. How well it is working for you.

It's working perfectly and adding our registrants to a static list so they aren't sent duplicate invites. Super awesome.

2. Were you able to negotiate the license fee with Cvent?

We looked at a number of vendors prior and their integration price was actually $500 cheaper than other integrations, and was seriously the easiest thing ever. No joke.

3. How helpful were they in helping with the setup?

The setup documentation is super simple--it's almost too good. They told me it would take an hour, and it took only 20 minutes. It was almost too easy--I was a little weary about it working since it was so simple.

Mandy Moody​--

1.  Do you create a new event in Cvent or in Marekto?

You basically create the campaign you want in marketo, then cvent 'sees' the campaign you created and sends leads over based on your criteria as outlined in cvent.

2.  How do you sync the event detail between Cvent and Marketo?

You basically choose the details you want to sync then can send them to corresponding campaigns in Marketo and/or SFDC.

Hope this helps!