Re: GoToWebinar Simulated Live Integration

Rachel_Bosley1
Level 2

For the trigger in Zapier, I used "catch hook" and then "create registrant" as the action in GTW. In Marketo, you'll need to follow the Zapier documentation to create a webhook. So, when someone registers on your Marketo LP, you would have a smart campaign listening for the form fill, and then would trigger the webhook in the flow. The webhook would then trigger in Zapier and create the lead in GTW.

Brittini_Smith
Level 1

Thanks so much!

Rachel_Bosley1
Level 2

My pleasure! If you're stuck, let me know. It's been working fine for us the last year, even though it's still a pain to set up  

Alexis_Romano
Level 2

Hi Rachel, I am hoping you'd be able to help me with the zapier connection from marketo to GTW for simulive webinars.

Zapier Workflow:

1. Catch Hook

2. Create Registrant in GTW

Marketo workflow:

1. Smart Campaign: Call Webhook

Webhook: 

pastedImage_1.png

The zapier test had trouble finding the data - I believe it is how I setup my webhook. Can you provide any direction? The URL I used was the one provided by Zapier 

Brittini_Smith
Level 1

Hi Alexis,

Here is the way to set it up:

1. Set-up in Zapier

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 2.43.38 PM.png

2. Set-up in Marketo

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 2.47.49 PM.png

Let me know if this helps!

Peter_Kosmal
Level 2

How has it been this long and Marketo STILL hasn't updated to version 2 of GTW's API? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Jami
Level 1

New here and to Marketo. Where do you go to vote? My team will do so!

Jami Scholl
Alex_Silveira
Level 1

Hi -- Does anyone have an update on this?  I am trying to promote a 'recorded' go to webinar via Marketo. Does this integration work yet or no? Thanks.

Shane_Rourke2
Level 4

Any update here? I am thinking about switching to ON24 but preference is to stick with GTW. 

Shane Rourke
Brittini_Smith
Level 1

There isn't a direct integration. You need to use a webhook like Zapier and create the push/pull from GoToWebinar simulated live to marketo. 

From earlier in this thread, there are instructions which I found helpful:

For the trigger in Zapier, I used "catch hook" and then "create registrant" as the action in GTW. In Marketo, you'll need to follow the Zapier documentation to create a webhook. So, when someone registers on your Marketo LP, you would have a smart campaign listening for the form fill, and then would trigger the webhook in the flow. The webhook would then trigger in Zapier and create the lead in GTW.