Re: GDPR - Are you adding a cookie opt-out link to your Privacy Policy?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Then I'll have to circle back with our legal team to find out if "email tracking" can be bundled with "opting-in to receive emails".  Without including yet another type of "opt-out" checkbox (or "opt-in" checkbox), I just think it will be challenging to manage this at scale.

Michelle_Miles3
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Dan, while we defer to clients' legal teams, this is generally how we're doing it. We're bundling email tracking with opting in to receive emails. The email opt-in acknowledges a privacy policy that states all tracking and processing. What are you thinking?

Michelle Miles
Dan_Stevens_

Thanks Michelle - I had a conversation with our legal team this morning and we're in complete alignment with your approach.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

Most of the people I work with will handle it at munchkin (browser) level, not at email level, but some are sending the DNT info through emails : Its pretty easy to add a marketo_opt_out=true to any link in the emails, though. Can be done with a lead field that is hard coded in all CTA's in the email template. You can even make it more sophisticated using some velocity that Sanford Whiteman​ has proposed in a blog post. There is still a flaw, though: if a user add manually a link into a text editable zone, you have no control and will have to rely on user training / compliance.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_

Hi Greg - I realize it's easy to add.  The difficult part is integrating/managing this with other vendor's solutions (like OneTrust).  I'll find out later this week if the OneTrust solution covers email tracking.

Kyle_McCormick
Level 5

Amy Connor​ Does your TrustArc solution allow visitors to opt-out of Marketo cookies? Our TrustArc representative has informed us their solution does not work with Marketo tracking but I am seeing multiple users on the community who are utilizing it.