SOLVED

Re: Gated Video Content w/ VimeoPro

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gated Video Content w/ VimeoPro

Foundation: We are very early in our Marketo implementation but i'm looking to set things up the best way the first time and not have to retouch it for a bit.

We currently use VimeoPro for hosting both public and private videos. What is the best way to have a page (marketo landing page or normal web page) to have the video embedded on it, but upon clicking said video, a form appears,  once submitted the video then plays.. OR, the landing page/web page shows content/copy and form to the right, once form is submitted, page is refreshed and the video replaces the forms location.

Hope this makes some sort of sense, but i'm trying to reduce the number of pages needing to be created for a "Webinars On-Demand" section to our site.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

After finishing the core concepts class today Marketo recommended delivering the video via email/email link and managing that way.

Wow, that's quite evasive!

You can accomplish your second method quite easily without even using custom JS.  Use the Known Lead HTML feature of Marketo forms ("If Known Lead, Show Custom HTML" in Form Editor).  Have your Known Lead HTML contain the standard init JS for the Vimeo video.  This way, after someone fills out the form, the page will refresh and the JS will in turn populate the video container.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Melissa_Day
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

Zach, the easiest way to do this would be to go create a landing page with a form and thank you page with the video. You can set up the landing page with whatever copy or image you'd like, and even embed a preview of the video. Add a form to the landing page, and set the form to be directed to a thank you page once it is submitted. The thank you page is where you can embed the video to be viewed.

If you want to keep to one page instead of having to create a landing page and thank you page for each webinar video, you could use the HTML outlined in this post: Displaying Form Thank You Message on Original Landing Page

Then, within your HTML, you could include the video embed code, like this:

<div id="confirmform" style="visibility:hidden;"><p><strong>Thank you. Enjoy the webinar recording.</strong></p>

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/114042185" width="640" height="401" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Melissa_Day
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

Zach, did this solution work for you?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not yet, still messing around with a few different solutions. Ideally, there would be no marketo landing page involved but as of yet, I have not been able to get the thank-you content to display after form submit on the same page. I’m messing up somewhere on the code side at the moment!

Mario_Baroja5
Level 2

Hi Zach, I guess you have not considered using a different video service other than VimeoPro, right? Other vendors, such as Wistia, make particularly easy to do what I think it is you are trying to do. I know my suggestion might not be ideal, as it would require reallocating all your videos. But thought I'd share this. By the way, I do not work for Wistia, nor am I a reseller for them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We actually moved off of Wistia several months ago before Marketo was in the picture. Mainly due to cost compared to VimeoPro and the privacy/portfolio piece like Vimeo has does/didn't exist. After finishing the core concepts class today Marketo recommended delivering the video via email/email link and managing that way. Still not ideal but may start with that for now and see how that shakes out. Thanks for your help so far!

Sent From Mobile

SanfordWhiteman

After finishing the core concepts class today Marketo recommended delivering the video via email/email link and managing that way.

Wow, that's quite evasive!

You can accomplish your second method quite easily without even using custom JS.  Use the Known Lead HTML feature of Marketo forms ("If Known Lead, Show Custom HTML" in Form Editor).  Have your Known Lead HTML contain the standard init JS for the Vimeo video.  This way, after someone fills out the form, the page will refresh and the JS will in turn populate the video container.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This definetly seems like the way to go... so i've updated the "if known visitor" piece of the form, and I currently have it on a test page to see if it will display the video after submit but it just refreshes and leaves the form... what am i missing?

test page: www.splashbi.com/marketoT6.php  (i know its not centered to the page, this isn't the actual page it is going to go on, just trying to test it)

If known embedded code (in the editor it appears just fine):

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/242594342" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

SanfordWhiteman

Your site needs to be running Munchkin for ​Known Lead to be functional.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I quickly realized that the munchkin has only been added to one site, not the other, as soon as I created the test page on the other site, it started to work.

Thank you SO SO SO much for everyone's help and time. I do apologize for being a novice... after all this is day 4 with Marketo