Re: Foundation Training-is it worth it?

Samantha_Clapto
Level 1

Foundation Training-is it worth it?

Hi all,

Is there anyone out there that has taken the Marketo foundation training that could provide some insight as to how helpful you found it? I am looking for feedback for both online and classroom learning environments.

My company has been using marketo 1.0 for a while and I believe I have a decent understanding of the program but was never formally trained. We are now making the switch to 2.0 and I am hoping to use this as an opportunity to learn more about the functionality of the system.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Hi Samantha - Everyone on my team has gone through the foundation training.  It is a must in my opinion and sets you up for the basics.  I would normally suggest that the team member go through as many of the training documents beforehand to ensure they really are ready for foundation training, but you might not need this given your past experience.

Jim_Thao7
Level 9

I don't believe that there is such a thing as Marketo 1.0 vs. 2.0.  There is Forms 1.0 vs. 2.0 or Email 1.0 vs. 2.0.

I took the course a few years back and it was extremely helpful for me as a first time Marketo user.

The course will teach all the basics on how to build Marketo assets and chain them together to make a successful program, amongst other things like Marketo logic.  People learn differently.  If you need a classroom environment with an instructor, take the course.  If you can learn on your own, just go through the University as you'll learn similar stuff.

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I found it incredibly helpful - I was a very light Marketo user at a previous company (admin of other MA at another company) and coming on as Marketo administrator I didn't know the backend systems well enough. The training helped me to connect my knowldge of other MA sys admin to Marketo interface and some basic differences. I recommend it for any new administrator.

Josh_Hill13

I'd say that if you do not have time to train your team, then yes, it's a good starter. The challenge is helping people really understand the system is a Rules Engine that is pretty flexible so they eventually go beyond the standard concepts.

Jessica_Kao3

One thing to keep in mind is that foundations is a good starting point but because each companies and marketing scenarios are different it is definitely not going to teach you everything that you need to know to solve a problem or address a situation.  As long as you have the right expectations going in, I think it's definitely a place to start.  You will learn a lot more as you use the tool everyday.