SOLVED

Re: Form Naming Conventions

Go to solution
Michael_O_Donne
Level 2

Form Naming Conventions

Hi all, 

I have a query, we are about to build a Marketo form, it will be the same form e.g. FORM X  which we intend to implement across our website.

My question is, if all forms have the same name, how do we know which form is performing best? Is there a way to tag the form to know which page it refers from?

thanks

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Aseem, you wouldn't use Web Page as the constraint on a corporate website (i.e. non-Marketo LPs). You use the Referrer constraint for embedded forms.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Aseem_Gupta
Level 2

Hi @Michael_O_Donne ,

If same form is implemented across website (on different pages). you can add website as a constraint in filter / trigger in the smart campaign smart list. In this case you will be able to fetch prospects fills out form on  a particular page. Hence, you will be able to see which page is performing best.

Refer snapshot :-

sl.png

Thanks

Aseem

SanfordWhiteman

Aseem, you wouldn't use Web Page as the constraint on a corporate website (i.e. non-Marketo LPs). You use the Referrer constraint for embedded forms.

Michael_O_Donne
Level 2

Thanks @SanfordWhiteman 

Sorry for the additional question, where is the referral value populated?

mkto.PNG

At present there is no values, where do we start to populate a referrers?

thanks

Michael

Aseem_Gupta
Level 2

Thanks Sandford - right, the way I told would only work with Marketo LPs. Thanks for rectifying"

SanfordWhiteman

At present there is no values, where do we start to populate a referrers?

You can actually add values, even those not listed (which means they haven't been indexed yet).

But to get something officially indexed, visit the page in question.

Note you should be using [contains] here, not [is], b/c otherwise an extra query param added to the URL will break the matching.