SOLVED

Update Company Size/Employee Range forms

Go to solution
Hassina_Obaidy
Level 1

Update Company Size/Employee Range forms

We have a ton of forms on our website. We want to update the company range drop down field on the form. How do I make the mass update to all of the forms?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Update Company Size/Employee Range forms

This is a great opportunity to move to Global Forms, it makes it super easy to make changes like this! I discuss the advantages (and caveats) of Global Forms in my recent CHIMUG talk starting around 6:20 https://mugs.marketo.com/events/details/marketo-chicago-mug-presents-spring-cleaning-webinar-series-...

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I assume you mean Number of Employees (SOAP API/Forms API name NumberOfEmployees).

There are 2 ways to make such changes:

(1) A true, permanent change to the Marketo form descriptor using  the Asset API for Forms. It takes some learning.

(2) A temporary change to the availble <option>s using JavaScript. In this particular case, Marketo will allow you to make direct changes to the DOM without any problems. You just need to wait for MktoForms2.whenReady() and modify the select.

In general, the cumbersome nature of such changes is why having only a few shared/global forms is recommended, not a profusion of individual forms.

Hassina_Obaidy
Level 1

Hello, thank you for your message. To clarify, if i wanted to change the values of employee range field on all forms globally, I'd have to access the API and go through the backend? 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hello, thank you for your message. To clarify, if i wanted to change the values of employee range field on all forms globally, I'd have to access the API and go through the backend? 

You only need the REST API if you want the change to be permanent so that the plain form embed can be used in the future, without any custom JS.

If it's not necessary to make that permanent change, you can do the same customization on the client side, on-the-fly.  For example, I was just rolling out a form where the dropdown lists come from {{my.tokens}}, rather than being stored permanently in the form descriptor.

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This is a great opportunity to move to Global Forms, it makes it super easy to make changes like this! I discuss the advantages (and caveats) of Global Forms in my recent CHIMUG talk starting around 6:20 https://mugs.marketo.com/events/details/marketo-chicago-mug-presents-spring-cleaning-webinar-series-...

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Hassina_Obaidy
Level 1

Thank you! Your video was super helpful...we have more than a dozen forms, so this method will definitely help for any future changes. 

Hassina_Obaidy
Level 1

For our demo request forms, we send a confirmation email segmented by company range as well as a sales alert email to notify our team that someone has requested a specific product demo. While the Global Form set up worked and i was able to see it in SFDC, our sales alert was no longer notified and a confirmation email was not sent. Do I need to set this up again in Design Studio as global emails?. Currently, I have a separate program set up under marketing activities with two different confirmation emails (split by company size) and a smart campaign to send the confirmation email and sales alert. Please advise!