Extraneous emails appearing in Smart Campaign Email report tab

Guitarrista82
Level 6

Extraneous emails appearing in Smart Campaign Email report tab

Hi Community,

Our team is seeing an unusual situation where the Email report in a smart campaign is including emails that were not sent in that campaign. This is happening in several campaigns, from what we can tell.

For example, the emails outlined in Red below were never sent from the campaign but are appearing in the report (unusually it's only showing 1 send for each email). The emails outlined in green were all sent from the campaign.

Guitarrista82_2-1691620473517.png

You can tell the difference because the email name includes the campaign name (01 Abandoned Car Search - Product (Day 1 - 10), whereas the email name for the other campaigns does not include the campaign name.

Has anyone seen this before, and if so, any idea what's happening?

Thank you,

LK

2 REPLIES 2
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Extraneous emails appearing in Smart Campaign Email report tab

No, I've never seen that before. Couldn't it be that this Smart Campaign did in fact send these emails at some point in the past? Check the Results tab.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Extraneous emails appearing in Smart Campaign Email report tab

Also, was this campaign ever renamed? AFAIK renaming things in Marketo doesn't change the activities logged from before, i.e., activities aren't updated retroactively when a campaign/program is renamed. One more thing that strikes my attention is that all the extraneous emails have just 1 count of emails sent- is this consistent with what you see when you pull data via the Email performance report for these emails too?