SOLVED

Re: Experience with durable Unsub?

Go to solution
Ian_Martinez-Ch
Level 2

Experience with durable Unsub?

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with the Durable Unsub function? I know the documentation says it works, but I'd like to verify if possible.

My company needs to clean up our DB by quite a bit and that will go a long way to doing it. Any other tips on that would be helpful, too.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Don't forget also purging someone from the DB completely and adding them back in with the same address (that's the main *durable* part).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman

You've posted to the wrong space. Please move the thread to Products (Move link to the right). This isn't a support space.

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Ian,

Here is quick test you can use to verify that the durable unsubscribe option works. Create two test people in Marketo with the same email address. Run one of the people through a flow action updating the Marketo field "Unsubscribed" to "TRUE". The second person with the same email address who did not run through the flow action will also be marked as "Unsubscribed" to "TRUE".

SanfordWhiteman

Don't forget also purging someone from the DB completely and adding them back in with the same address (that's the main *durable* part).

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, that's another good test.

Kevin_Weisenber
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Hi Ian,

If you are asking if it works i.e. have others experienced it? I can attest that I have and we rely on it to help us remain compliant as does a lot of other Marketo users.

The other posts provide some tips on checking this functionality and I recommend you test it for yourself if you have concerns.

SanfordWhiteman

Agreed, no one has ever reported it not working in my experience. It's part of the fabric of Marketo.

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

I had to send the durable unsubscribe through a whoooole battery of tests to prove it was working for GDPR purposes (including really odd edge cases for things like sending data between Marketo instances, honoring partial preferences, etc.) last year and couldn't find anything breaking aside from what I mention in ​. Confident that it works as intended.