Re: Event Program Marketing Calendar Not Working

Jeff_Morgan1
Level 2

Event Program Marketing Calendar Not Working

We're having an issue with our event programs. When we go to the event program "Schedule" view and click on the day of the month to add a Marketing Calendar event, it only gives us a limited set of Calendar Entry Types to choose from.

Historically, we have been able to select a "Main Event" type, which then gives you the ability to adjust the date/time of the event so it will appear on the Mobile Event Check-in app. But now that option is no longer available and when I select "basic event" I'm not able to edit the data/time.

Can anyone tell me what may have changed so that functionality is no longer working?

I've already assigned Marketing Calendar licenses to myself and the other users attempting to do this.

calendar.jpgAdmin.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Looks like what you are trying to do is correct. This is likely a question for support.

While it's not the answer you're looking for, it doesn't look like Marketo is supporting the Calendar feature to the extent of other pieces. I would be a bit wary of investing too much time and resource into making it work properly. 

Katja_Keesom

Two things there:

1. I just checked in our Calendar view and I can see the Main Event option, so I agree with Philip that this is something you should raise with Marketo Support.
  2. As an alternative to scheduling your event, the feature within the main program screen using Event Actions is still active. There has been a notification for years that it will be deprecated, but for some reason it is still there. Please see screenshots below.

Katja_Keesom_0-1636613333474.pngKatja_Keesom_1-1636613364201.png

Jeff_Morgan1
Level 2

Thanks for your input. I'll update this ticket if I ever hear back from crappy Marketo support.

Jeff_Morgan1
Level 2

FYI...Here is the response from Marketo support.

"This is a recent[ started in Q3 2021] issue caused by a Bug and the Engineering is aware of this. The reason why certain users can face this is if they've a "+" symbol in their email address, I went in your instance and found out that your login email includes a
"+". The Engineering has been working on this for sometime and the resolution will be deployed in Q1 2022. Until then, our advise would be to create a new user with a different login email and not using the "+" symbol in the login email. That would resolve the issue. Hope this helps. In case you come across any queries, please feel free to revert on the email."

Katja_Keesom

I can vouch for the fact that this is definitely not always true. My login is a "+" email address and my Calendar functionality works fine...