Emails coming through with spaces that weren't showing in the edit email draft

Meghan_Fisher
Level 2

Emails coming through with spaces that weren't showing in the edit email draft

Does anyone else have extra spaces randomly in their emails that do not show when editing the email text in Marketo? 80% of my emails that I send out have these extra spaces in them that I don't have when editing the text so I have to delete the whole word and rewrite it. It's make me nervous sending out emails because I won't know they're there until they come through. Pictures attached.

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_Johnston
Level 8

Re: Emails coming through with spaces that weren't showing in the edit email draft

Hi Meghan, there are plenty of ways that this can happen. Let's start with the basics questions and we might be able to isolate what is causing it?

1. What email client are you using to see the added space?

2. Are you using a Template? Is it just 1 template that is causing this?

3. Do you run your emails through a tool like EmailonAcid?

4. How do you populate your emails? Do you write it in Word and copy/paste?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Emails coming through with spaces that weren't showing in the edit email draft

Hi Meghan,

Check the HTML code for &nbsp where the spaces are. If it is there and you don't need it, delete it and that should solve the problem.

Let me know if it that is the case.

-Nick

Monica_Koran
Level 3

When that happens to me I usually find that it was because I copied and pasted from another source like MS Word -> Marketo or Box-> Marketo and it adds in some of its own code.... 

Only way I know to go around this is to paste into Notepad and then copy and paste from there.