Re: email reports clients vs non clients

Theresa_Boesken
Level 2

email reports clients vs non clients

Is there a way to run a report on all of the email campaigns done this year -- but one that looks at all... and then separate out the ones that are aimed at Clients only versus Prospects?

So far, I have tried using a smart list:

ask question.png

But it doesn't produce the results I am looking for.

I believe they want to see the numbers for the people who are not clients who opened and clicked through on emails (because our clients read the emails and that number is skewing the total).

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What distinguishes a "client" vs. a "prospect" email/audience?  Custom fields, common naming convention for programs, tags, etc.

Theresa_Boesken
Level 2

We use Account Status

account status.png

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you have RCE, this can be done with the Email Analysis report.  You would simply filter on "Account Status" and then include the "Account Status" field as a dimension.  This will give you two rows of aggregate data - one for clients and one for prospects.  Here's an example (I just pulled a sample field - lead lifecycle status - for demonstration purposes.  You would use "Account Status":

pastedImage_0.png

Of course, you can further expand the data here to also include any email attribute:

pastedImage_0.png

...or lead attributes (like name, email address, company, or any other attribute that you make available in RCE.

Theresa_Boesken
Level 2

That looks exactly like what I need...BUT we do not have RCE.

No way to achieve without RCE?

Thanks

Lauren_Aquilino
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

If you happen to be using Segmentations for these audiences, you can also "Group by Segmentation" in your Setup.

Theresa_Boesken
Level 2

The only Segmentation we use is "emailable" and that doesn't allow drill down.

Is there a way to retroactively run (new) segmentations on past campaigns in the form of  a list?

Thanks

Lauren_Aquilino
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Hi Theresa,

Sure! You can definitely create a new Account Status Segmentation that will apply to your database now and allow you to show past reports based on those segments - the caveat being it will show what their segment is now, vs what it was when the email was sent.

Lauren

Theresa_Boesken
Level 2

Thank you Lauren!...are there best practice steps I should follow?