Removed bounces but Smart List still bouncing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Removed bounces but Smart List still bouncing

Hi Community,

We have a smart program sending out a 4 touch email drip.

I removed all records whose email addresses have bounced via "Remove from Flow" step so that these records would not be sent any emails and consequently affect our deliverability rate. However, upon the send of the second email, I am still seeing that many bounces.

Can someone explain to me how this could happen?

It happens a lot for us. We try to remove emails that have bounced from our email sends and we still keep getting bounces.

Thanks,

Hoi

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removed bounces but Smart List still bouncing

Once an email is sent, new information is collected as to which email address is now valid or not valid anymore. The email invalid flag is only as current as the last email send. As long as your hard bounce rate is under 3% then you are fine when it comes to your deliverability rate.

I hope this information helps!

Re: Removed bounces but Smart List still bouncing

There are many reasons why emails are bounced and there are many posts in community here explaining these, for example Email Bounce Codes, https://nation.marketo.com/community/champion/blog/2015/07/14/making-sense-of-marketo-email-bounce-c..., How do you make your email deliverability unstoppable? etc.

Did you investigate what kind of bounce types are you getting? And what deliverability rate are you talking about?

best;m