Email delivered date

tommernagh1
Level 2

Email delivered date

Does anyone know how to turn ‘email delivered’ date into an object for use in the email templates? I have created a flow with follow up emails and I would like them presented as being in the same chain. To do this I need to capture the delivery date and time of the previous send for use in my follow up. Any suggestions I would be very grateful.

3 REPLIES 3
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Email delivered date

Well, you can write the delivery date into a field, by doing something like this:

Michael_Florin_0-1708951824281.png

The field "Last Email Clicked Date", which I'm using here, could be any date type field. And you might need more than one, as you want to stamp the dates of many deliveries, right? For that you could also use Program Member Custom Fields.

But either way: That wouldn't work retrospectively. You need to write the date when the activity occurs.

That would be the only process - at least as far as I can tell - that you can run with onboard tools. If you have access to 3rd-party services using the API you will certainly have additional options.

uditmathur
Level 5

Hi tommernagh1

Just a word of Caution "Email Delivered" in Marketo means the email in received by the recipient mail server. This does not mean it avoided spam filters & landed in the Inbox of the recipient. 

Christiane_Rode
Level 7 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Just what @uditmathur said. And it doesn't even mean it was actually delivered at all. If whoever you're sending to has layers of security, it might pass one level, get marked as delivered, and then later bounce because it was rejected (out-of-bounds bounce) down the line.