SOLVED

Re: Email asset changes reflected in preview, but in the email editor (draft), the modules look like a previously-created template

Go to solution
mphilippon
Level 2

Email asset changes reflected in preview, but in the email editor (draft), the modules look like a previously-created template

Hey Marketo community,

A weird thing happened with one of our graphic designers a few weeks ago when he was editing an asset.

As he was making changes, his computer froze. Then, when he went back into the asset itself when opening in the email editor, the email had reverted back to an email template one of our consultants created months ago.

But, when we previewed the email, you could see the changes he had made. Essentially, the preview did not match the email editor at all. 

Any idea what happened here? We ended up having to rebuild the email from scratch. 

Michelle Philippon
Content Strategist at Budget Dumpster® Affordable dumpsters from a company you can trust. 

e. mphilippon@budgetdumpster.com   
w. BudgetDumpster.com
m. 330-317-4571
She/her
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Oz_Platero
Level 6

Re: Email asset changes reflected in preview, but in the email editor (draft), the modules look like a previously-created template

Hello @mphilippon ,

This happened to me last week and I lost all changes. I tried approving, unapproving, reapproving, and nothing seemed to fix it.
If you have used Marketo Emails long enough you will occasionally run into this. Sometimes you can get lucky and hit the UNDO button a few times and then save.

Work arounds

* You can make a support ticket

* Approve. Clone email.  Go back to Original and download HTML and replace the clone's HTML with the older HTML version.

Thanks,
oz

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Oz_Platero
Level 6

Hello @mphilippon ,

This happened to me last week and I lost all changes. I tried approving, unapproving, reapproving, and nothing seemed to fix it.
If you have used Marketo Emails long enough you will occasionally run into this. Sometimes you can get lucky and hit the UNDO button a few times and then save.

Work arounds

* You can make a support ticket

* Approve. Clone email.  Go back to Original and download HTML and replace the clone's HTML with the older HTML version.

Thanks,
oz