SOLVED

Doing a little math in a flow step using tokens

Go to solution
Megan_Koelemay
Level 4

Doing a little math in a flow step using tokens

Hello all, 

I'm doing a little experiment to see if it's possible to calculate a new value in a currency field based on another currency field, using a flow step and tokens.  I know this type of thing works with date fields, for example {{lead.Date of Birth}} + 18 years, but am curious if this trick translates to other field types.  Here's what I'm trying to achieve:

• If someone has an Available Trip Credit under $1000, we want to double that and populate a separate field called Increased Trip Credit Value with the doubled amount.  So if they have a $400 credit, the newly calculated value would be $800.  
  • We want to put a cap on the upper limit of that credit they can double (of $1000, so the most they can get is $2000).  

This is what I've attempted so far - Choice 1 works, but Choice 2 doesn't.  Not totally surprised about that...  Am I using the wrong formatting or anything, or is it just not possible?  Are there other ways to do calculations in Marketo besides this type of flow step and token trick?  

Screenshot_20.png

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Doing a little math in a flow step using tokens

Marketo cannot do arithmetic/string operations other than appending/concatenating values using tokens in the flow steps. Of course, as you said, we're able to do addition operations for the date/date time fields, but that isn't quite yet supported for other fields. You'd probably want to use a webhook-compatible service (I'd highly recommend checking out Flowboost) that could perform the required operation and return the result back.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Marketo cannot do arithmetic/string operations other than appending/concatenating values using tokens in the flow steps. Of course, as you said, we're able to do addition operations for the date/date time fields, but that isn't quite yet supported for other fields. You'd probably want to use a webhook-compatible service (I'd highly recommend checking out Flowboost) that could perform the required operation and return the result back.

Megan_Koelemay
Level 4

Thanks for the confirmation, @Darshil_Shah1!