SOLVED

Is there a way to push data onto SFDC campaign members from Marketo?

Go to solution
balintsipos
Level 1

Is there a way to push data onto SFDC campaign members from Marketo?

Hey all, 

For marketing attribution purposes we add UTM data onto SFDC campaign members. 

Currently we copy over UTM data from the lead or contact when the person is becoming a campaign member (with Responded=True) which is prone to errors if there is a sync delay or other issues. 

I am looking for a solution to push this UTM data DIRECTLY to campaign members to avoid any errors. 

I know by default Marketo cannot write the SFDC Campaign member object (please correct me if I am wrong), but there is maybe a custom solution via a webhook or something similar that would work?

I assume I am not the first person to try to add data to campaign members from Marketo but I haven't found any relevant solutions yet. 

Please let me know your thoughts or if you can point me to the right direction I would very much appreciate it. 

Thank you!

Balint

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Is there a way to push data onto SFDC campaign members from Marketo?

Well, instead of storing the program-specific UTMs on the lead/contact object fields, you can use the program member custom fields (PMCF) to store them (UTMs) for members. And, with the Marketo program synced with the corresponding SFDC campaign, PMCF data would automatically sync over to the respective mapped fields on the SFDC campaign member object.

Check out the PMCF documentation here and how to set up the PMCF sync here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Is there a way to push data onto SFDC campaign members from Marketo?

Well, instead of storing the program-specific UTMs on the lead/contact object fields, you can use the program member custom fields (PMCF) to store them (UTMs) for members. And, with the Marketo program synced with the corresponding SFDC campaign, PMCF data would automatically sync over to the respective mapped fields on the SFDC campaign member object.

Check out the PMCF documentation here and how to set up the PMCF sync here.