SOLVED

Re: Discrepancy Between Email Report and Smart List Report

Go to solution
bjohnson
Level 3

Discrepancy Between Email Report and Smart List Report

I have an email performance report that says over 6,000 people were sent an email. However, when I look a the Results tab of the Smart Campaign, only about 750 people were sent the email. So I'm confused why the Email Performance Report and Smart Campaign numbers are so far from each other.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Great place to start looking indeed. You could have a look at the Used by tab on your email to see whether any other smart campaign is sending it out. Also, you can run a smart list to give you all people who were sent that email (although that only goes about 90 days back, so would not necessarily catch everything). In the activity log you can then check which process was responsible for sending.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The first clue is you're looking at a sjngle Smart Campaign. Is this email sent by other Email Programs or SCs?
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Great place to start looking indeed. You could have a look at the Used by tab on your email to see whether any other smart campaign is sending it out. Also, you can run a smart list to give you all people who were sent that email (although that only goes about 90 days back, so would not necessarily catch everything). In the activity log you can then check which process was responsible for sending.

bjohnson
Level 3

Technically both you and @SanfordWhiteman are correct. I pulled a send list back when this campaign was sent in early June, but I wanted to double-check myself. I learned during this that email sends are only saved for 90 days and opens are saved for 24 months.

Thank you both for helping me out!