Deleting tokens in program templates

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting tokens in program templates

I'm trying to delete some tokens in program templates, and am not able to as it says the tokens are in use. I think I scoured everywhere looking for each instance and removed, but I must be missing something.

Is there a way to see where a particular token is being used, so you can remove it form that asset and then delete the token?

Thank you

Tags (2)
13 REPLIES 13
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Deleting tokens in program templates

No, but it's probably in the email or page code or even the Template.

Why do you want to delete all of them?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying Josh. I don't want to delete all; just the ones that aren't being used.

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Check the templates, emails & pages, as well as your flow steps in any campaigns!

If it still is giving the error then I'd lean towards the response below by Grégoire Michel

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Karen,

There is known bug about token deletion and false "token in use" message. Look at 1-9 and 4-2 in here: Just do it! Marketo so-called minor missing features

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info and link. Guess we'll leave them in for now.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Karenna,

The trick is to renames them. We rename them "zz-To Be Deleted-#x".

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

If that doesn't work you can have Support delete it. Renaming didn't work for one of my tokens but support was able to clear it out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Grégoire Michel . Funny enough, renaming worked for one token deletion, but not the second. I will reach out to support, too, Christina Zuniga

Thanks

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Karenna Glover  This would be a good idea to post! I'd vote for a feature that lists where the tokens are being used.