SOLVED

Delay scheduled send until weekday

Go to solution
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Delay scheduled send until weekday

All,

is there an obvious thing I am missing?  I'd like to delay a scheduled send that is set to go on a specified date of the month (let's say the 7th November for a valid example) to be the next business day (i.e. the 8th of November).  Sometimes the 7th of  the month is a business day, and sometimes it isn't.

To be clear, I always want the email sent, but I want it to be postponed until Monday if the actual date for the scheduled send falls on a Saturday or Sunday.

Cheers

Jo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Re: Delay scheduled send until weekday

Hi @Jo_Pitts1 

Taking a stab at this. 

What about using advanced Wait steps? The schedule of the campaign would be set to run monthly and you would have an advanced wait step in the flow that will wait for a Monday to Friday?

Floyd_Alvares2_0-1636350957723.png

Would this work in your scenario?

Thanks

Floyd

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi @Jo_Pitts1 

Taking a stab at this. 

What about using advanced Wait steps? The schedule of the campaign would be set to run monthly and you would have an advanced wait step in the flow that will wait for a Monday to Friday?

Floyd_Alvares2_0-1636350957723.png

Would this work in your scenario?

Thanks

Floyd

Katja_Keesom

That would indeed be the way I would go. In order to match this with the logic of the 7th day of the month, you could set your smart campaign to run on the 7th day of the month and then include the advanced wait step before the email send to ensure it goes out when you want it to.

Jo_Pitts1

@Floyd_Alvares2 ,

that'd be the way to go.  Sometimes I swear I've forgotten more than I remember 🙂

Cheers