SOLVED

Use Program Member Custom Fields to Change Program Status

Go to solution
smane
Level 2

Use Program Member Custom Fields to Change Program Status

Hi

I'm running a few events using Marketo I'm wondering if we could use Program Member Data could change Program Status? Does anyone have experience doing this?

We plan to promote the events on social media, emails and the like and there are a few of them running simultaneously.

Essentially the user will fill out a form:

smane_0-1636368744592.png

In the form there are hidden fields: 

smane_2-1636359357714.png

I've gone ahead and created custom program member data and was hoping that in my flow step once someone fills out the form from Linkedin they would be placed in Waitlisted status.

Unfortunately, I can't pull the Custom Program Member Field  "Campaign Name" but can pull a custom field UTM Campaign Name.

smane_0-1636359013399.png

I thought using the Custom field wouldn't be a problem, but we plan to promote a few events running simultaneously this would result in the fields being overwritten on the contact records.

Is there any way this can be done? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Use Program Member Custom Fields to Change Program Status

There is a workaround to using the PMCF in an add choice step, but it requires an additional step.

First, create a local smart list in your program with the filter "Program Member Data Was Changed" and choose the value you want to filter based on.  If relevant, select a Date of Activity that is relevant to you.

Second, use the Smart List you just created in your Add Choice.  

This is somewhat of a workaround, but if you want to use PMCF in a choice step, this is the most straightforward approach.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, because PMCFs were shimmed into Marketo‘s existing infrastructure there are places they can’t be used. So you’re not missing anything — they don’t work in Add Choice.

However, you can use PMCF values as constraints on the Member of Program filter.  So you can play with that in conjunction with the Filled Out Form trigger... sorry I can’t give more direct guidance right now as it’s a busy day.

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

There is a workaround to using the PMCF in an add choice step, but it requires an additional step.

First, create a local smart list in your program with the filter "Program Member Data Was Changed" and choose the value you want to filter based on.  If relevant, select a Date of Activity that is relevant to you.

Second, use the Smart List you just created in your Add Choice.  

This is somewhat of a workaround, but if you want to use PMCF in a choice step, this is the most straightforward approach.