SOLVED

Data Value change

Go to solution
GH1982
Level 2

Data Value change

We are looking to update a data value depending on a link that is clicked in a specific email, we need to have the option to select the specific link instead of just clicked link in email where it would pull in all links. 

GH1982_0-1644402251440.png

If we could have a constraint of link we can then update different values instead of creating multiple smart campaigns

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Data Value change

I think what the objective is, is to avoid having to set up a different smart campaign for each link, so having one single trigger for all links and then adding choices to the flow step per link. But I do indeed believe that is not possible and setting up a series of smart campaigns is the way to go.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You’re looking in the wrong place. The trigger you want is Clicks Link in Email with a constraint on the Link.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I think what the objective is, is to avoid having to set up a different smart campaign for each link, so having one single trigger for all links and then adding choices to the flow step per link. But I do indeed believe that is not possible and setting up a series of smart campaigns is the way to go.

GH1982
Level 2

Thank you for your reply. 

This is what I was looking for and thought that would be the only option for now. I have also submitted this as an idea for the future. 

thanks again 🙂 

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Flow Step Choices only allow one criterion. If you have a complex criterion though, you might be able to build it in a Smart List and use that Smart List membership as your criterion.

Smart List: Has clicked specific link in specific email

Flow Step Choice: Is Member of Smart List