SOLVED

Custom Objects Records Clarification

Go to solution
nhabischWings
Level 5

Custom Objects Records Clarification

Hello!
Looking for a little clarification on how Custom Object records work. My assumption is that a "record" is basically a row of data tied to a Lead.
So in this image example:
Records Image.PNG
That would indicate there is 402,127 rows of data tied in any number of Leads. Is this correct?

Also unsure of how records are calculated? According to our Adobe Rep we have 4 Million records allowed in our contract, but adding up the totals across all Custom Objects in the Admin area is more than 5 Million records?

Is it typically x number of records PER OBJECT or Across ALL Objects? 

Sorry for the questions but our Rep keeps asking follow-up questions about fields and things and I just need a straight answer on how records work in this context. 🙂 

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Custom Objects Records Clarification

@nhabischWings wrote:

Hello!
Looking for a little clarification on how Custom Object records work. My assumption is that a "record" is basically a row of data tied to a Lead.
Records Image.PNG
That would indicate there is 402,127 rows of data tied in any number of Leads. Is this correct?

Also unsure of how records are calculated? According to our Adobe Rep we have 4 Million records allowed in our contract, but adding up the totals across all Custom Objects in the Admin area is more than 5 Million records?

I think it's per custom object, but I have never personally reached the limit (I'm a strong supporter of clearing up the obsolete records instead of keeping them :D).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Yes, your assumption looks correct to me. And if the addition of all records on your various objects exceeds your contractual limit, you might one day hear from your Adobe CSM and they might ask you kindly to upgrade your contract.

Darshil_Shah1

@nhabischWings wrote:

Hello!
Records Image.PNG

I think it's per custom object, but I have never personally reached the limit (I'm a strong supporter of clearing up the obsolete records instead of keeping them :D).

nhabischWings
Level 5

Yeah, pre object would make the most sense to me. I'm all for clearing records but working for a financial institution we have a lot of account and other data that needs to live.

Granted we could probably dump old non-active accounts but not sure if that would fly 🙂 

Darshil_Shah1

You're welcome, @nhabischWings, and yes, working with FinTech could be tricky, especially due to strict data governance policies.