Re: Constantly finding faults with Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Regina,

The London User Group​ is accessible to all customers in Community. Please let me know if you have issues joining and hopefully you can meet with some other users in the area!

cc: Katie Pope

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, thanks Liz, I know it's meant to be accessible, and it is now, but for my first two months or so, I kept getting error messages every time I would try to access it, and when I contacted support about it, I was told it was related to the access issue I had with the University page, which took months for them to resolve, so it meant I couldn't join user groups and meetups, and I couldn't register for training courses, so when users on here tried to helpfully suggest that I join the user group, it was just more frustrating because it illustrated yet another issue that I was having.

Mai_Haddad
Level 1

I would not call them unique we had one of the worst start with any tech company I have ever used. Marketo is a complete mess and certainly is lagging behind most of their competitors. 

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Regina,

The only issue that we have seen recently is the impossibility to create admins.

There is a workaround: create a custom admin role, with all rights. Then create the user. Once the user has been activated (logged in once), you then can grant that person the default admin role.

This should normally be fixed right now (it has on the instance on which we had the problem).

-Greg

Neil_Robertson6
Level 5

I think we also need to be wary of noting "bugs" (there are some 😉 in Marketo when things like IP are not bugs - they are, in most cases, facts of life.  If you are on a shared IP range (you are on more than one f you are) you will hit a spam trap pretty much at least once every day and more than likely due to other orgs mailings - if it your mailings then your data may have a spam trap in it or be poor quality.   Do you know where your instance/is?  UK or US?

The issue with deliverability is people expect 100% or compare it with previous rools...which, in marketing and with things like mass mailings to Outlook/Yahoo etc - is unlikely to happen.

Philip_Tieu
Level 5

Hi Regina!

I'm a developer on the Marketo education team. Are you currently unable to access the University page? I can help bring this to the attention of my team and see if we can help!

Sincerely,
Philip

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Philip, Support and the University team have been working on this for two months - but it has finally been sorted last night! Thanks for reaching out though!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Regina,

We had the same deliverability issues. We got our a silver dedicated IP and then had to upgrade to a gold dedicated IP. We also set up dmarc authentication on the email subdomain that we specially created. It was grueling but took us nearly 5 months before we identified the problem. I'm assuming you've already done this, but you can check your sender score at returnpath.com for the IP address.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Makes sense to me!

Great explanation Liz!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue with the IP address. I think that this is something Marketo needs to pay closer attention to. We are very careful with our email lists, and to be blacklisted because someone else on the server isn't careful with theirs, isn't fair.

We pay a lot for Marketo, and I think there is an expectation that you shouldn't have to pay for an upgraded IP just to send emails.