Re: Constantly finding faults with Marketo

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Just thought I'd step in here - specifically in support of the feedback you might receive from Sanford Whiteman​.  Sandy is probably one of the biggest assets - and most respected users - of this community.  So I would definitely respect the information and insights he offers - which often goes well beyond what you might receive from Support (depending on who your support engineer is).  Understandably, you probably haven't participated in the community all that much - and probably haven't collaborated with him in any in-depth discussions.  Just know, when Sandy speaks, people listen! 🙂

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

I do listen!

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan, I can appreciate that he may indeed know what he's talking about most of the time, but that doesn't change the fact that it was unsolicited advice - and completely off-topic (as well as misinformed!). I wasn't asking for troubleshooting or technical advice, and frankly, his insistence that I was wrong was irritating. I don't know him or his background, so may not have given his answers the level of respect that he may be used to on this forum, but he doesn't know my background either and just because I'm new to Marketo doesn't mean I'm an idiot. There's a massive difference between saying, "I know Marketo can get it wrong sometimes, so if you want an extra pair of eyes to check that everything is set up properly, send me your details and I'll have a look." and "I've already checked it, you're wrong." followed up a couple of hours later with another "You're wrong."

Joe_Reitz

^this. 1000 times, this.

If it doesn't look cool, you're probably doing it wrong.
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Regina Bluman​​ asking again if the domain is oryxalign.com, because I don't want you to be left with the mistaken impression that your SPF and DKIM are set up properly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sanford Whiteman​ I'm not mistaken, and I'm also in the UK, so apologise for not responding to your comment in the middle of the night.

Neil_Robertson6
Level 5

Have you signed up/attended the London User Group yet? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Neil, I follow the forum, but I'm unable to access the page on the University where I register for events - due to a bug

Josh_Hill13

You cannot access this page? Events

it is not on the University or Learning.marketo.com site.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can now. I couldn't before, as it had something to do with my access to the University portal I was told.