SOLVED

Re: Configure Sales Insight for Multiple Products

Go to solution
Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Configure Sales Insight for Multiple Products

Hi everyone,

I am working on setting up a scoring system for multiple products, and we are creating a custom score field for each category. My big question is - is there any way to configure Sales Insight so that the reps can have a way to see what product all the stars and flames are assosiated with? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Iryna_Zhuravel4

Hi again, 
just found an idea about this https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000K5dFAAS
Let's all vote it up and hope Marketo implements it sooner than later, cuz right now Sales Insight turns out a bit useless for the purposes of multiple products scoring.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Aqeel_Akbar
Level 4

We had addressed this question as well. I don't think there is a solution, but would be interesting if someone knows how to work around this!
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Iryna, you're only able to base the stars and flames off of a specific score field, so I don't think it will work for multiple products -- unless you only have two products. You can designate which field the stars and flames come from in the Admin section as shown below.

0EM50000000Skka.jpg
Iryna_Zhuravel4

Hi all,
Dory,thank you, yes, I know that out of the box you can associate the stars and flames with only one score field each, but I saw quite a few people talking about building scoring systems for multiple products, so thought someone might have found some workaround for this, but seems there isn't any
Iryna_Zhuravel4

Hi again, 
just found an idea about this https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000K5dFAAS
Let's all vote it up and hope Marketo implements it sooner than later, cuz right now Sales Insight turns out a bit useless for the purposes of multiple products scoring.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same question and have definitely voted on the idea. We have multiple brands and products combined so it's crazy to have one score with the same measurement.
I have actually been looking at building a solution via salesforce using a custom object based on Lead scoring. There is a Lead Scoring app on the App exchange for Salesforce, which has given me the basic concept of where I need to go with it regarding rules etc.......here's hoping that Marketo puts it on the roadmap before I'm required to actually build implement the new object.

Iryna_Zhuravel4

HI Mel, thanks for the info, I will look into this Lead Scoring App on SF!
I found a lot of useful tips on the topic in this presentation - https://community.marketo.com/MarketoResource?id=kA650000000GzriCAC , but to make it work there is a lot of custom development needed. Marketo should really come up with a better out of the box solution, cuz how many people have just one product these days really
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Iryna
I actually attended that session at the summit, would be good to watch it again as I'm in the process now of deploying Sales Insight to 4 countries. I've actually gone down the path of doing a very simple and basic implementation process (basic behaviour scoring model) and then after deploy will get into a full scoring analysis (demographic scoring etc). I've been an SFDC Admin longer than a Marketo Admin and I hate not being able to really customise and develop what I need in Marketo to suit our business needs. Our SFDC system is definitely not an out of the box model.