SOLVED

Re: Company dev site sync issue

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Company dev site sync issue

We're doing some testing with forms on our company's dev site (has our munchkin code). Web activity for visitors is passing, but form submissions aren't coming through. Anyone have any ideas as to why this may be or seen this happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

FYI: Melissa and I looked at this offline and her devs were trying to use jQuery events (always a no-no) instead of Forms 2.0 events for some special forms behaviors, thus the form wasn't submitting at all.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman

Please move the question to Products​. "Community" here refers to the Marketo Nation website itself -- and yes, it is confusing.

You must provide more information, such as a URL, for us to tell you what is going on.

Note: if you're testing using Firefox Private Browsing w/Tracking Protection, then Marketo Forms periodically make their way onto the TP blacklist (although this typically stops Munchkin pageviews/clicks from working as well). This difference in behavior between real-world browsing and "lab" browsing can cause confusion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sanford - this is my first discussion topic/question and I found all of the categories to be a tad confusing! I'll move it now.

The dev site URL is: http://dev.grandviewoutdoors.com/  The form we're testing is the newsletter subscription on the right hand side (ignore that it looks like there are two, testing wonkiness.) When that form is submitted, the lead does not show up in Marketo as subscribed to the newsletter (though it does on live site--grandviewoutdoors.com), but I do see the lead's web activity on both dev and live site.

SanfordWhiteman

Can't reach it -- is it firewalled?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You know what, I'm sorry, it is. Let me rethink how to approach getting help then.

SanfordWhiteman

You can write me offline to do a screenshare. I'm in the mood for human contact today.

SanfordWhiteman

FYI: Melissa and I looked at this offline and her devs were trying to use jQuery events (always a no-no) instead of Forms 2.0 events for some special forms behaviors, thus the form wasn't submitting at all.