Formula to Capture Email Domain?

Kara_Deveny5
Level 1

Formula to Capture Email Domain?

Hello,

I'm trying to create a field in Marketo that will read a person's email address and populate the domain in the field. I know there are formulas in Excel, SFDC and other systems for this, but I can't get any to work in Marketo.

Has anyone successfully created a custom formula field in Marketo to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Formula to Capture Email Domain?

Hi Kara,

No, this is not feasible in Marketo as is. 3 workarounds I can think of:

• You could do this in the forms, though, using a little JS.
  • The other possibility would be that you ask Marketo PS if this would be possible using a beta function called Munctions (You would have to hire them, so this would have a cost, though)
  • The last one is that the computation is done in your CRM and sent back to Marketo

-Greg

Diederik_Marte4
Level 6

Re: Formula to Capture Email Domain?

Hi Kara,

Let me see if we can add this as a function to CalcItNow (CALCITNOW - Field formula calculations – Marketo LaunchPoint ). Alternatively you can wait a couple of weeks to the release of VerifyThisEmail. It already covers populating a field you select with the email domain. Though the most important function is to verify the email and update EmailInvalid, and EmailInvalidReason.

Just PM me if you have any questions.

6x Marketo Champion | Marketo Certified Solutions Architect (MCSA) | Marketo User Group Leader | International Speaker on Marketing Technology