Re: Channels aren't matching up

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Channels aren't matching up

Hello,

I have a default program that contains email programs, but the channels aren't matching up with each other. Is this normal? How would you go about changing this so that they match up?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Kerlin
4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tom,

What do you mean by not matching up ?

You can edit the channels in the admin -> tags. Channels are specific to each program type and nothing but the way you set them up can make 2 channels automatically have the same list of steps.

Finally, there is no reason why 2 different channels should have the same steps, nor for the same program type to have the same list of channels. On the contrary :

• events are for online or offline events, with a start and end date. You may have multiple events or  channels (webinar, seminars, industry conference, tradeshows, ... You name it, and your creativity and your marketing plan will drive the list)
  • engagement programs are for specific nurtuing programs. You usually will need only 1 channel there
  • email are for simple, non repetitive email blasts
  • default are for any other channels that do not fit in one of the 3 previous ones, ranging from gated content to internal data management and operational programs.

I would love to add some more program types that would benefit from an icon distinct from default

• Content (channels would be gated content, ungated content, ...)
  • Internal Operations

The idea is here:

Some of the channels created by default by Marketo do not make much sense, and one of the first things I do are to erase them. e.g email blast in default type or banner (which is just a way to promote some other programs, and not a program by it-self).

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can create any Channel with whatever statuses you want.

I suspect you may have a nested Email Send? Or that the statuses just don't make sense to you. Another possibility is the Statuses are set wrong for some reason, possibly due to an SFDC Campaign Sync error.

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

It's an Email Send nested inside a default program. Channel type for default program is "Eblast program" while channel type for this Email Send gives me only 2 options: Email Nurture or Newsletter. I wanted to keep the channels the same.

Tom Kerlin
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, they are diff channels and won't be identical statuses. So you would need to plan this out and update the Channels in Admin.