Is there a possibility in a Form to have p.a. a first name started with a Capital letter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a possibility in a Form to have p.a. a first name started with a Capital letter

I was just testing a Form on a landing Page with the following Fields:

Company name

First Name

Last name

When the customer fills in thet Form it can be happen that he fills in p.a. pieter van dijken instead of the normal Pieter van Dijken with capital letters.

is there a kind of Mask available to force the customer to start his name with a Capital?

Please advise.

Kind regards Pieter

2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Is there a possibility in a Form to have p.a. a first name started with a Capital letter

Hi Pieter,

Not simply. Input masks are quite limited for the moment: Apply Input Masking to a Field in a Form - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

An old idea there:

Now, there are some possibilities using JS.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Is there a possibility in a Form to have p.a. a first name started with a Capital letter

You have conflicting goals here.  On the hand it is very easy to coerce a field so it starts with a capital letter (not only visually, but when it is stored in Marketo).  On the other hand, in the very example you gave, "van" should not be capitalized! But it would be the first letter of the Last Name (although in your Community Name "Van" is capitalized, which I presume you didn't intend).

I also commented on this here: https://nation.marketo.com/message/119816#thread-message-120223

The bottom line is that for first names, it's simple.  For last names, you need a complex regular expression, or more likely a block of code, that attempts to intuit and leave alone lowercase particles, which is not simple.