SOLVED

Can you add a Custom Field to Marketo Company Info Tab

Go to solution
Exxact
Level 2

Can you add a Custom Field to Marketo Company Info Tab

We would like to create a custom field on the company info tab. This custom field would be called category? This category field would be populated by our sales datebase and would just be a text field copy.

Is this possible with Marketo Engage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Can you add a Custom Field to Marketo Company Info Tab

If this is the instance I’m familiar with, you have a custom Netsuite integration.

So you can create Company fields in Marketo using the REST API and have the integration layer update those fields from NS. There’s no need to contact support for this, but you absolutely need to work with your own IT team.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

If you have a native CRM integration (e.g., with SFDC), you can create a custom field on the Account object and it would show up in the Company Info section (of course, given that the sync user has permission to see it). However, it’s not possible to create fields on the Company object right from the Field Management section in Marketo. You can create a field on the Person object and submit a support ticket to Marketo to move it to the Company object. Just an FYI, there was a similar question asked on the nation before here.

Katja_Keesom

I would not create it on the person first and have it moved, but simply raise a support case to ask Marketo Support to create it directly on the Company object. Be specific in the friendly name and API name you want implemented. Always works for me.

But indeed, that only is the route to go for any field that does not need to sync with your natively connected SFDC or MSD. Depending on which of the two you have the starting point would always be creating the field in CRM and then ensure its visibility in admin settings.

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Exxact ,

what is your sales database?  Is it either SFDC or Dynamics?  

When you say you want the field on the company info tab, I'm presuming you mean you want it on the company object?

I think we need to step back and gain a little clarity before we move forward.

Cheers

Jo

Exxact
Level 2

The sales database we currently use is Netsuite. I read the other post about SFDC but I assume we do not have the same functionality with Netsuite. 

Yes on the company object. We want to add a custom company object called category. This category object can be seen when we open up a person's profile and check the company info tab and that object shows up. This category field would be connected to Netsuite through third party api and so whenever netsuite gets update with the text field, that text field would copy over to Marketo. 

The idea is that we want attributes from the company created in Netsuite to bleed down to the contacts that are part of that company. 

Example: Apple category is fruit. Anytime we add a new contact to Apple they will inherit the fruit category. 

From the responses it sounds like I need to create a support ticket for this to happen.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If this is the instance I’m familiar with, you have a custom Netsuite integration.

So you can create Company fields in Marketo using the REST API and have the integration layer update those fields from NS. There’s no need to contact support for this, but you absolutely need to work with your own IT team.

Exxact
Level 2

Will look into the REST API and see if that works. I am also assuming that we can not simply move a custom customer category field on the lead info to company info and transfer all the data associated with that attribute as well. We need to create a brand new field correct?

TrinityNL
Level 1

Hey Sanford! 

Can you elaborate as to how to use the API to add custom company fields?  Looking through developer documentation, would appreciate the additional info. 

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I believe Sanford is talking about the Netsuite scenario. Without integration you can't create company fields. You have to go through Marketo Support.

Darshil_Shah1

I agree with Michael here! The Companies API endpoints doesn’t have a dedicated endpoint to create field on the Company Object. Also for the sake of completeness, 

Company APIs are read-only access for subscriptions which have SFDC Sync or Microsoft Dynamics Sync are enabled.