Re: Can we map the query parameters of the lead's first visit (if any) to Salesforce?

Aelia_Haider
Level 2

Can we map the query parameters of the lead's first visit (if any) to Salesforce?

Hi,

I need to create a lead field in Salesforce that would show the query parameters of the first website visit of the lead. Can anyone tell me how to map that?

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Can we map the query parameters of the lead's first visit (if any) to Salesforce?

Please move the thread to Products​ (Move link at the right). This isn't a support space.

Aelia_Haider
Level 2

Apologies. done!

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Recommend you create a set of "FT" (first touch) utm values

You'll need to create them on the lead object, repeat for the contact object, then map the lead fields to contact fields

Watch this to follow steps on how to create custom fields and map custom fields (the video maps to an opportunity field where as you need to map to a contact field, but the process is exactly the same)

How to Create a Custom Lead Field in Salesforce - YouTube

Aelia_Haider
Level 2

I'm assuming that would work for future leads. Is there any way to do that for existing leads?

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

REST API to export visit webpage activities, do some data manipulation, and re-import the result

Or

you can play around with smart lists and filter your leads one UTM value at a time and change data value each time

EDIT: Marketo filters won't be able to differentiate the first visit webpage activity from others. Also, the data retention policy means web page visits older than 3 months won't be in the UI anymore

So your only choice is to use the REST API, and some excel work