Can Marketo show case object activities?

sarinnair
Level 1

Can Marketo show case object activities?

I know cases can be synced as custom objects and you can use data from this custom object in smart campaigns and smart lists but does Marketo show activities against Cases in CRM? Eg seeing an "Email" sent (the content of the email) against the Activity object on the Case?

5 REPLIES 5
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Can Marketo show case object activities?

Marketo really only shows activities against the person, so the answer would be no. It is also not possible to update the CO directly from the Marketo UI with a status update or something along those lines, that would always require an API effort.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

OOTB sync primarily focuses on getting data from case objects to Marketo to utilize in flow/content personalization/etc., it does not sync activities logged in Marketo to the cases in SFDC. From what I get out of your question, it appears that you want to bring certain Marketo activities to the CRM case object. May I please ask what your actual business case behind this is?

sarinnair
Level 1

Hi @Darshil_Shah1 
Thanks for the reply, so basically sales wants to see the email sent activity in the case in CRM.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Thanks for the reply, so basically sales wants to see the email sent activity in the case in CRM.

You have a more fundamental problem here. How, if someone has more than one case open, would you attribute a Marketo email to a specific case?

See, you can use Create Task to log email sends to SFDC and include data in the Description that would allow Apex code to copy that task into an activity that’s linked to a case. But how would Apex know which case?

sarinnair
Level 1

Thanks @SanfordWhiteman  and as always that make perfect  sense!