SOLVED

Re: Can form have thumbnail images next to a dropdown menu? - So, the images would be embedded within the form set-up?

Go to solution
Christine_LeBla
Level 3

Re: Can form have thumbnail images next to a dropdown menu? - So, the images would be embedded within the form set-up?

I need to have a separate dropdown for the QTY next to each poster image. - Marketo does not allow to use the same field more than one time.

Now what? Unfortunately I am stuck and this solution is not going to work.

Goal: The end user should be able to select a QTY desired next to the different poster designs presented to them.

No visibility rules or conditional logic at play here. Just presenting all the poster designs as thumbnails up front.

Please advise if you know any other way to get this set up easily without having to get a javaScript dev involved. And, I will avoid setting up numerous fields just for such a project which I read would be sloppy for our instance, not best practices. They cannot be deleted once established.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can’t do this without JS — except for a Checkboxes set, multiple inputs which are combined into 1 field before being posted to the server is not natively supported.

It’s not particularly complex JS but you cannot simply drag-and-click to get this functionality.

Christine_LeBla
Level 3

If the options are check boxes in the form, and I insert an image to the right, now the issue is with mobile phone. The image then falls under the various tick box options. How could that be re-arranged so each image falls either above or below each option?

Am I able to apply some CSS for mobile viewport to re-arrange? Otherwise, this is pointless.

Thanks.

Jasbir_Kaur
Level 5

Hi @Christine_LeBla,

Yes, we can add a thumbnail in the dropdown using a plugin or can directly use in the options as well, it totally depends upon the design, can you share design once?

Thanks!

Dave_Roberts
Level 10

You can also include images in the "label" for a field and set the labels to the "left" using the Marketo form editor (under the Settings options on pg 2). This might not work as well to sub images in-and-out based on a user selection but it's another way to add images beside or atop a form field if they were a one-input-to-one-image kinda deal.

Using a Rich Text element instead (or several) would also give you the option to show/hide the images to display the one that matches the selection using the native visibility rules in the form editor (ex. Show "Image A" if "choice A" is "true", Show "Image B" if "choice B" is "true" ...)