SOLVED

Re: campaign name tracking in Marketo Form

Go to solution
Jay_sandbox_Sin
Level 2

campaign name tracking in Marketo Form

Business need to track Marketo token {{campaign.name}}  in Marketo Form. is there any inbuilt option offered to directly trace campaign token in Marketo Form.  Market leader do not want to update campaign name token every time in campaign flow. hence, looking for direct approach to trace in marketo form so that campaign name field get updated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

@Jay_sandbox_Sin wrote:

Business need to track Marketo token {{campaign.name}}  in Marketo Form. is there any inbuilt option offered to directly trace campaign token in Marketo Form.  Market leader do not want to update campaign name token every time in campaign flow. hence, looking for direct approach to trace in marketo form so that campaign name field get updated.

Your question is giving mixed messages. There is literally a system token called {{campaign.name}} that dynamically populates the full path of the smart campaign it exists in... but then you go on to say "Market leader does not want to update campaign name token every time in campaign flow" - which doesn't make any sense. My guess is that you have a {{my.}} token in the smart campaign flow and your user is editing the {{my.}} token in the program tokens section. 

if the above is in fact the case: 

rather than using a my token in the change data value flow step where you have to update it every time, you can use {{program.Name}} (...assuming that's what you really wanted when you say campaign.name) or {{campaign.Name}} directly in the flow step...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I have recently tested using a program token to autopopulate a hidden form field and that worked just fine. See screenshot. Using the {{program.name}} token instead is something I would definitely test first, but I reckon that would probably work as well. It may also depend on whether you are using a local or a global form what the behaviour would be like.

The question in your case I am not entirely sure on is what type of field you would want to store it on. The main question is where you want to make this information visible.

Katja_Keesom_0-1607444212364.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

On a Marketo Landing Page, yes. On a non-Marketo page, no.

Even on a Marketo LP, it's not actually safe to do what Katja illustrates above unless you are 100% sure (that is, 100.00% sure) that you never use disallowed JSON sequences in your Campaign names. This is of course something that Marketo will not prevent you from doing, so you have to enforce strict procedures. The most common offenders in this context are a double quotation mark (") and backslash (\).

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

@Jay_sandbox_Sin wrote:

Your question is giving mixed messages. There is literally a system token called {{campaign.name}} that dynamically populates the full path of the smart campaign it exists in... but then you go on to say "Market leader does not want to update campaign name token every time in campaign flow" - which doesn't make any sense. My guess is that you have a {{my.}} token in the smart campaign flow and your user is editing the {{my.}} token in the program tokens section. 

if the above is in fact the case: 

rather than using a my token in the change data value flow step where you have to update it every time, you can use {{program.Name}} (...assuming that's what you really wanted when you say campaign.name) or {{campaign.Name}} directly in the flow step...

Jay_sandbox_Sin
Level 2