SOLVED

Re: Boolean field values not working as smart campaign triggers

Go to solution
Jarron
Level 1

Boolean field values not working as smart campaign triggers

Hi,

I'm using a custom boolean field with the 'checked' option on our forms so people can opt-in into receiving our marketing emails. 

However, no matter what triggers I use, the smart campaign doesn't work using these values below (FYI, I'm using the 'any' filter rule): 

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 5.14.42 PM.png

I think it's because the submitted values are defaulting to the string value of "1" or "0" rather than "true" or "false".

What is a workaround for this? 

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Boolean fields are represented using true or false keywords in Smart Lists.

In other contexts, they are exported as the strings “yes” and “no” or the strings “1” and ““ (the empty string). But in a Smart List — there’s only one way to check and that’s against the dropdown true/false. So something else must be going on, it’s not the value.

What trigger are you using here? (Those are filters.) If you build a standalone Smart List with the filter on true, can you show a lead with the value checked in the Marketo UI that doesn’t qualify for the SL?

View solution in original post

Oz_Platero
Level 6

Hello @Jarron ,

You mentioned triggers in your post, but show pictures of filters in your post.

If  you want to trigger off it maybe use something like

• Trigger: Fills out form X (or whatever you need like form name contains, etc)
  • Filter: Email Subscription opt-in = True

Side note:

• A net new record that fills out a form and gets created as a result of filling out the form and selects True for that field or any form fields you have will not register a Data Value change (since there was not a value in that field before because the record is brand new).

Thanks,

oz

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Boolean fields are represented using true or false keywords in Smart Lists.

In other contexts, they are exported as the strings “yes” and “no” or the strings “1” and ““ (the empty string). But in a Smart List — there’s only one way to check and that’s against the dropdown true/false. So something else must be going on, it’s not the value.

What trigger are you using here? (Those are filters.) If you build a standalone Smart List with the filter on true, can you show a lead with the value checked in the Marketo UI that doesn’t qualify for the SL?

Oz_Platero
Level 6

Hello @Jarron ,

You mentioned triggers in your post, but show pictures of filters in your post.

If  you want to trigger off it maybe use something like

• Trigger: Fills out form X (or whatever you need like form name contains, etc)
  • Filter: Email Subscription opt-in = True

Side note:

• A net new record that fills out a form and gets created as a result of filling out the form and selects True for that field or any form fields you have will not register a Data Value change (since there was not a value in that field before because the record is brand new).

Thanks,

oz

Jarron
Level 1

Thanks - it now works using triggers rather than filters!

Oz_Platero
Level 6

Great. Glad my suggestion for triggers  solved it.