SOLVED

BCC set up

Go to solution
Joshenser
Level 2

BCC set up

I understand marketo has the ability to BCC in a similar way to CC.

I have looked across the forums but I cannot find any instructions, is this possible to do? If so, would anybody be able to give some set-up advice/instructions?

This is just for a small campaign so there is no worry about killing mailboxes!

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: BCC set up

Marketo already has the option to add CC recipients based on the email in the custom person field (refer to this documentation page). But for being able to add people in the BCC, I think you'd need to reach out to the support team as that is something that needs to be enabled from their end per this nation post. Just wanted to mention here (even though you seem to be aware) that Marketo would send an email copy to the BCC recipient for each individual email recipient where this is configured which might overwhelm the email server.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1

Marketo already has the option to add CC recipients based on the email in the custom person field (refer to this documentation page). But for being able to add people in the BCC, I think you'd need to reach out to the support team as that is something that needs to be enabled from their end per this nation post. Just wanted to mention here (even though you seem to be aware) that Marketo would send an email copy to the BCC recipient for each individual email recipient where this is configured which might overwhelm the email server.

Katja_Keesom

Also note that the email will have links in there with personalized tracking for the "to" recipient, so a BCC recipient clicking on a link will surely mess up your email performance stats.

Darshil_Shah1

Yes, thank you so much for adding this, Katja! One should be cognizant of the impact on the reporting while using CC/BCC option(s) in their emails. Activities by the CC/BCC recipients will be logged on the direct recipient's person record in Marketo. 🙂

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What is the precise business reason you want to do this? Let’s make sure you don’t have an XY problem.