SOLVED

Re: Basic CSS Question for Marketo Form

Go to solution
Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Basic CSS Question for Marketo Form

I am working in a Marketo form and selected font in the form settings for each of the labels. The labels are showing up as expected.

However,  I am also using Field Sets in the form, and the field set labels are using an entirely differet font and size than the rest of the labels. The differing font and sizes looks like an error and I can't control that in form settings.

Marketo support informed me that to change the Field Set Label font, I need to edit the CSS code. I do not have much experience with code and dont know what code I would need to edit the syling on field sets. Does anyone have any basic code that could be used to control field set label font and size?

See an example below. Product 1 (the field set label) is a different font than the rest of the form labels and that is what I am trying to fix.

Field Set.PNG

Thank you so much in advance. I appreciate any tips!

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Your Legend element is being styled in bootstrap.css:

legend {
    display: block;
    width: 100%;
    padding: 0;
    margin-bottom: 20px;
    font-size: 21px;
    line-height: inherit;
    color: #333;
    border: 0;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #e5e5e5;
}

P.S. You can see this easily by Inspect-ing the element.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman

You'd need to link to your page for someone to give suggestions about how to fix your CSS.

Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Thank you Sanford! I appreciate your reply. I will send you a link to the page in chat. As always, I appreciate any time and insight you may be able to provide!

Steve

SanfordWhiteman

Your Legend element is being styled in bootstrap.css:

legend {
    display: block;
    width: 100%;
    padding: 0;
    margin-bottom: 20px;
    font-size: 21px;
    line-height: inherit;
    color: #333;
    border: 0;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #e5e5e5;
}

P.S. You can see this easily by Inspect-ing the element.

Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Thank you Sanford! I was able to edit the code as needed to fix the issue. I appreciate your help!

Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Hi Sanford,

Thank you again for your assistance with this! I have 2 additional questions that I would really appreciate your insight into if you have availability. I will message you the updated URL string for the page.

1. Do you know how to control styling of fields on mobile devices. On desktop, all of the fields appear uniform. On my iphone, however, the fields are different styles and lengths despite me selecting the same field width for all.

Field Styling.PNG

2. I am trying to add a little bit of line height under the grey dividing line above "Model Number" at the top of each field set. Do you know where this can be controlled.

I appreciate your help as always!

Thank you,

Steve

hpavlac
Level 2

@Steve_Schimmel did you figure out how to style the "Select" font in a dropdown field for mobile? I'm encountering the same issue on a form I'm working on.

Helen Pavlac
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

To Sandy's point, you should definitely share the LP URL with the form on it to get assistance with the CSS.

Additionally, FYR, if you update the font type, text size, etc. in the form setting, by default it gets applied to the field set label as well (unless of course if there's custom styling added on thr page to override them). See below snapshot, the form settings are by default applied to the fields and fieldset labels.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1659556102944.png

Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Thanks Darshil! For some reason, despite selecting the font and size in form settings, the field set label is not aligning.

I will send you a link to the page I have in chat.

Thank you for your reply!

Steve