SOLVED

Backfill Channel Steps After Send?

Go to solution
nhabischWings
Level 5

Backfill Channel Steps After Send?

Hey all!

Originally our Marketo instance was setup by a external vendor with a not-great structure.

My question is: If I have emails sent as an 'Email Send' within a program with no Smart Campaign attached - so really no way to set an 'success' state. Is it possible to create a new channel and "backfill" success state as them clicking a CTA link or something?

Or am I totally out of luck?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Betreff: Backfill Channel Steps After Send?

Not sure I totally understand your question, but you certainly backfill program statuses and with that program successes. Where you normally would have trigger campaigns to set program statuses on certain actions, you might as well do it with batch campaigns.

Smart List: Was Sent Email

Flow: Change Program Status to "Email Sent"

Mind that "Was Sent Email" information expires from the activity history after 90 days.

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/marketo-activities-data-retention-policy-under-the-hood/...

View solution in original post

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Backfill Channel Steps After Send?

For program success statuses, it much depends on what constitutes success and how long ago your email was sent. If the activities on clicks etc are still there, you can run fixes. But this is typically an activity type that is only stored for 90 days.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Betreff: Backfill Channel Steps After Send?

Not sure I totally understand your question, but you certainly backfill program statuses and with that program successes. Where you normally would have trigger campaigns to set program statuses on certain actions, you might as well do it with batch campaigns.

Smart List: Was Sent Email

Flow: Change Program Status to "Email Sent"

Mind that "Was Sent Email" information expires from the activity history after 90 days.

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/marketo-activities-data-retention-policy-under-the-hood/...

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Backfill Channel Steps After Send?

For program success statuses, it much depends on what constitutes success and how long ago your email was sent. If the activities on clicks etc are still there, you can run fixes. But this is typically an activity type that is only stored for 90 days.